The club was founded in 1776 by former members of Drejer's Club. It was initially known as Fich's Club. The latter name was a reference to Gottlieb Schreck who had purchased the House in 1775. He had adapted the interior to be used by the club. The club initially had 25 members but in 1778 the number of members had grown to 80. On 16 November 1782, the club was granted permission to use the name Kongens Klub (Royal Club). The club soon became a meeting place for members of the higher middle class.
1789 · Old Artillery Barracks, Christianshavn
The Old Artillery Barracks was the first of three barracks to be established in the Christianshavn district of Copenhagen. They were converted into barracks for the Artillery in 1789 and were used until 1923. Today, they have been converted into apartments and are listed for everyone.
1805 · Christianso Lighthouse
The Christianso Lighthouse is one of Denmark's oldest lighthouses and the first to have a flashing light. It was built on the island of Christianso in the northern Baltic Sea.