The club was founded in 1776 by former members of Drejer's Club. It was initially known as Fich's Club. The latter name was a reference to Gottlieb Schreck who had purchased the House in 1775. He had adapted the interior to be used by the club. The club initially had 25 members but in 1778 the number of members had grown to 80. On 16 November 1782, the club was granted permission to use the name Kongens Klub (Royal Club). The club soon became a meeting place for members of the higher middle class.
1789 · Old Artillery Barracks, Christianshavn
The Old Artillery Barracks was the first of three barracks to be established in the Christianshavn district of Copenhagen. They were converted into barracks for the Artillery in 1789 and were used until 1923. Today, they have been converted into apartments and are listed for everyone.
1808 · Dannebrogordenens Haederstegn
Dannebrogordenens Haederstegn, The Cross of Honour of the Order of the Dannebrog, is an award connected to the Danish Order of the Dannebrog. The cross was instituted by King Frederick VI of Denmark and Norway on June 28, 1808 and was named Dannebrogsmendenes Haederstegn until 1952. The award is given to any Dane who has provided a service to Denmark through a noble deed. The cross is considered an additional recognition if awarded to someone who is already a holder of the Order.
We don’t have any information about this name.
Anna Hansen, "Denmark Baptisms, 1618-1923"
1776 chr record at Lumby, Odense, Denmark of Anne Hansdatter datter of Hans Jorgensen
Find more of your family story
As a non-profit, we offer free help to anyone looking to learn the details of their family story.