Meyercrones Stiftelse was founded by the widow of Henning de Meyercrone after he had served as Danish envoy in France. Christiane Meyercrone, Henning's widow, managed the property until her death in 1738. Her niece became the new manager of the foundation and arranged for its charter to be written in 1830. The original, small building was replaced by a larger building in 1933.
1742 · Royal Danish Academy of Sciences and Letters
The Royal Danish Academy of Sciences and Letters is a non-governmental science Academy founded in 1742 for the purpose of advancements of science in Denmark.
1776 · Kongens Klub
The club was founded in 1776 by former members of Drejer's Club. It was initially known as Fich's Club. The latter name was a reference to Gottlieb Schreck who had purchased the House in 1775. He had adapted the interior to be used by the club. The club initially had 25 members but in 1778 the number of members had grown to 80. On 16 November 1782, the club was granted permission to use the name Kongens Klub (Royal Club). The club soon became a meeting place for members of the higher middle class.
We don’t have any information about this name.
There are no historical documents attached to Susanne.
Find more of your family story
As a non-profit, we offer free help to anyone looking to learn the details of their family story.