The Old City Hall was built in 1762 and served as the city hall until 1912. the Hall was modelled after the City Hall that was destroyed in the Copenhagen Fire in 1795. Today the building is used only for ceremonial and representative purposes.
1776 · Kongens Klub
The club was founded in 1776 by former members of Drejer's Club. It was initially known as Fich's Club. The latter name was a reference to Gottlieb Schreck who had purchased the House in 1775. He had adapted the interior to be used by the club. The club initially had 25 members but in 1778 the number of members had grown to 80. On 16 November 1782, the club was granted permission to use the name Kongens Klub (Royal Club). The club soon became a meeting place for members of the higher middle class.
1792 · Det Classenske Fideicommis
Det Classenske Fideicommis is a Danish charitable foundation formed by the industrialist Major General Johan Frederik Classen after he left behind his wealth and possessions in his will to help alleviate poverty and misery to those in the country. Today, it grants around 2 million kroner annually to those in need.
We don’t have any information about this name.
Find more of your family story
As a non-profit, we offer free help to anyone looking to learn the details of their family story.